Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Weekend to Me!

I seriously have the best husband in the world! He decided that one day wasn't good enough for my birthday so he made a whole weekend out of it!

On Friday we went to Wendy's (which I have been craving for a while now) and then to Walmart to buy some kites. For my bday, the family that I work for got me the Cities and Knights expansion for Settlers of Catan, so we were really excited to try that out. But then Nate totally whooped me, even though it was my birthday weekend! I know, I couldn't believe it either!

Then on Saturday was my actual birthday! Nate had to work for a few hours in the morning so I got to sleep in and take my time getting ready. I spent the rest of the morning turning one of my old skirts into a maternity skirt. It didn't fit me anyway so I figured I might as well give it a try and it totally worked and now I have a maternity pencil skirt!

Once Nate got back, we made a picnic, grabbed our kites and ran to the park. The picnic was fantastic but flying kites was way harder than we had thought! It didn't help that it wasn't as windy as it should have been but we had a blast anyway running around trying to get those darn things up in the air.

That night we went to Not Your Average Joe's and had the most fabulous dinner and dessert. The perfect day ended with us crashing on the couch and watching Iron Man 2 (which made me totally want to see The Avengers again!)

After church on Sunday we had a nice relaxing afternoon and then went to our good friends for some more Catan playing and friend enjoying.

Luckily for me, it was Memorial Day Weekend so the birthday weekend just kept on going! We went for a drive through some gorgeous neighborhoods in the area and took mental notes of the kind of house we are going to buy some day.

Later that night we had another couple come over for FHE. And just as I was in the middle of what I thought (or rather was hoping to be) a very spiritual lesson, a whole crowd of our friends come walking up our stairs yelling surprise! That is right - Nate somehow managed to throw me a party that was completely a surprise! He had been trying to plan it for my actual birthday but due to Memorial Weekend and graduation, everyone was either out of town or had family in town. He could tell that I was really sad that we weren't going to be able to hang out with friends on my birthday so being the sweetheart that he is, he told me that he had been trying to plan a surprise party but it hadn't worked out so we were going to have to have the party next week. I thought he might try to find a way to surprise me but figured it would be hard do since I already knew the party was happening on Saturday. But he got me! He is so good to me.

Thanks sweetie, for the best birthday ever!


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You look super cute pregnant btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a picture of the maternity pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete