Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fun Times with the Coughrans

This past summer has gone by so fast! In between all of Nate's studying, we have managed to enjoy our summer. Here are just a few of the things we have been up to:

We went to the beach for a ward activity day. That was a blast and the beach was absolutely beautiful! I love New England beaches, they are so unique and beautiful (other than Revere. But that one is just gross.)

We also had my little brother McKay come out for a long weekend and hang out with us. He mostly wanted to just hang out with us so we spent the weekend playing games and going school shopping (he was really excited to find out that Massachusetts doesn't charge tax on clothes.) A local t-shirt shop was having a huge sale and was selling plain t-shirts for $1.67 each and so he got about 18 of them and we spent the weekend designing graphics to print on them when he got home. It was really fun just hanging out with him and spending time with him since we don't get to see each other all that often.

We also got new phones! And they are smartphones! And I love mine so much. We were originally going to both get iPhones but then I decided that I really didn't need one, especially for an extra $150 so I decided that I was going to get a Droid before we even walked into the store. Nate still wanted an iPhone until he saw me playing with my Droid and then he started messing with it and after quite a while of going back and forth, he decided that he liked the Droid more and now we are both proud owners of Droids :) And we couldn't be happier! These things are so cool. I now understand why people say they could never go back after having a smartphone. My life is a million times more organized that it was before. It is great.

Side note:  We have been having a Harry Potter marathon lately and it has been so much fun! Nate hasn't seen all of them and I haven't seen them in a long time and it is really funny going back and watching them all again. Harry is so adorable in the first 2-3 movies but then he gets rather sickly looking. What a shame. At least Neville gets better looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment